Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brazee Street Studios in Cincinatti





We are just now returning from our family vacation of camping, canoeing, museum and amusement park visiting. We had a great time even though this was our budget vacation. The last day of vacation we had an opportunity to visit a new school of glass in Cincinnati for their open studio night. This was a great family night and I met so many wonderful and inviting people. The downtown area of Oakley has special events going on for the entire family on the last Friday of every month. Chris took the kids to an awesome toy store, they saw stilt walkers, a magician and street performers. I missed most of it because I was asked by the owner of the SOG to torch! I felt so privileged to be able to work in such a great place and to be able to demonstrate to others the art of lampworking. I can't wait to visit again! I can only dream that one day Huntington will have an area and events like this.

No comments: